Dublin City Council hosts a free public celebration of Dublin’s Wetlands this weekend with a series of free family-friendly events. A highlight will be Family Day at Bull Island UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Dublin’s largest and most significant wetland, from 12 noon until 3pm on Sunday. Activities include walks and talks, arts and crafts and displays, many will be held in Dublin City Council’s fascinating Bull Island Interpretative Centre.
- Walks and talks on wetland birdlife with BirdWatch Ireland
- Art and crafts for children
- Information on using phone apps to track and spot birds
- Interactive touch pool with live sea creatures
- Displays on wetlands biodiversity and the global importance of wetlands
- Displays on marine litter and how you can help to prevent it
- The public can help with conserving these valuable wetlands by getting involved in an Oceans Initiatives’ marine litter clean at11:00 am at Dollymount beach with the local members of the Kite Surfers Association.